Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Giving Thanks

Okay, in Canada, Thanksgiving falls in mid-October.

This year, I have such a lot to be thankful for (besides my wonderful family).The sale of the floathome finally closed. I will always mss the river but I'm glad we can now focus on living "on the level"

The first thing I did when we knew the deal was going through was to order the new stove I've had my eye on for months.

If you look at the photo of the old one, the color gives away its age! It also had some annoying habits; the top kept sliding to the front and the clock just did not work. The range hood worked -- if you like aircraft sounds in your kitchen.


So, the new stove arrived yesterday ;-) As you can see, I'm already testing it out. Apple pie for tonight.

The LG is a lot prettier than the old range and cooks better, too. We have a new range hood -- just have to install it. We may let that go until after Thanksgiving next weekend.




Back to the bench 

Jewelry is back on the front burner (no pun intended) now that the shed clear-out is done. At the moment, I'm working on some ideas for a moonstone ring. I also plan to makeup a couple of the heart pin designs to see how they work in real life. With the shed cleaned out, I'll have a proper bench soon.

A lot to be thankful for, indeed.