Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Summer Days

Gotta Love Sunny Days and Flowers

I think the home of DixSterling looks so much prettier in the summer when the flowers bloom. Here is the studio on June 24 with pansies in the window box and peonies in the hanging basket. So summery.

My Work Awaits

The door is not locked; come on in. You will find me at my bench at the far end. I've been trying to make time for jewelry again despite the lure of sunshine in the garden. It's hard to resist all that bird song and stick to a work schedule, isn't it? ;-)



Project for Today: Dangling Triangle Earrings


I've been working on long dangling earrings because I think they are perfect for summertime. I think they look great swinging above lovely bare shoulders.

This pair has been hammered -- with a ball peen hammer on the front and with a riveting hammer on the back. Once they are polished and swinging from the shepherd hoops, they will provide lots of sparkle and flash.

In this photo, the triangles are hammered but look pretty dull. They still need to be polished.

Finishes are Part of the Fun

The second pair (right) are a touch longer. I have soldered a small silver ball near the bottom of the triangles and I filed a subtle indentation into the bottom for added interest. This pair will be finished with a mirror polish. I plan to hang these under a pair of tiny square studs.

There is a lot of polishing to come for this pair!

The Hammered Dangles are Ready for Etsy Now