Wednesday, 28 January 2015

MIA

I've Been Missing Because

We flew to Maui for our son's wedding -- a beautiful event. The happy couple took their vows in a flower circle on the sand at a beautiful sunset beach.


The lovely, music-filled ceremony was followed by a fabulous wedding dinner at Humuhumu. Here's the link http://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/en/hotels/hawaii/grand-wailea-a-waldorf-astoria-resort-JHMGWWA/amenities/restaurants-humuhumunukunukuapuaa.html

As the sun went down, I got a couple of photos of the spectacular view from Wailea and of the dinner table.

Some People Really Know How to Get Married!







Unfortunately, the head cold I had when we left home did not like something about the trip and hit me hard a couple of days after the wedding. I spent half of our eight-day visit lolling about with cough drops and tissues.

Happily, I recovered enough to enjoy our last two days wandering with the newly weds (who own a home in Kihei), visiting art galleries, seeing lava beds and beaches, and soaking up the tropical sunshine.

Flight home did me no good, either, I guess. For the moment, I am on rest and antibiotics to run down an infection.

Hope the treatment is effective quickly so I can get back to my bench.

Aloha