Monday, 29 August 2016

Late Summer

I Love Texture

If you know my work, you know that texture is a pretty constant theme. Long ago, when I had enough space to paint in oils, old barns and aging pilings were favorite subjects. I loved trying to render all that heavily weathered wood on canvas (a section of one of my efforts below).


I also find inspiration in wave washed sand and visits to Cannon Beach Oregon always find me, at some point, kneeling in the sand to capture those patterns on film.


Say It In Silver

Below, a few examples of how texture informs my jewelry making.



Short, crisp lines done with a riveting hammer on polished sterling.












A sapphire set atop reticulated sterling silver. This one has a pebbled look. I gave the earrings below a deeply rippled texture.

When you start to look around, you can see wonderful textures everywhere.